While many people feel the negative impact of COVID-19 and volumes drop, there are also those who have done their record month in APRIL. Seeing volumes exceed those of Christmas and Cyber week for many customers
With categories such as Fashion at 103% this week, Food & Liquor 160%, Homewares 95%, Variety Stores 220%, we are processing more than ever through our networks and we are delivering in Metro areas both Saturdays & Sundays to ensure we keep delivering as fast as we can and appreciate your patience as we get all your product out to your customers.
Regarding specific delays.
There are delivery delays in our network due to:
- reduction in air freight capacity and passenger flights (which also carry our parcels)
- a significant increase in parcels that require manual sorting
- health & safety measures at our facilities (such as social distancing through zoning, dedicated shift start times to reduce cross over of workers)
These delays can be up to a few days, particularly to regional and rural communities, and mean that:
- Priority Mail services may be suspended
- the delivery time for Perth and Brisbane may increase by up to five days
- the delivery time for North Queensland may increase by up to seven days
- the delivery times for Tasmania may increase by three days
- Next Day Express Post Services into regional and rural communities may not be able to be maintained
What we're doing
- moving more parcels through our road network (to accommodate domestic flight restrictions)
- exploring all available transport alternatives and options, and working with the Australian Government, to minimise impacts for customers
In some cases, we're having to process and deliver from an alternate location and customers may notice when tracking their parcel, that it is coming from a different location to what they are used to.
Our people continue to work tirelessly under difficult circumstances, so we’re asking everyone to be kind and treat our dedicated people with the courtesy and respect they deserve – whether it be in a call centre, Post Office or dropping your delivery off.
For all further updates, please keep an eye on our website as this gets updated whenever there is any changes https://auspost.com.au/about-us/news-media/important-updates/coronavirus/coronavirus-domestic-updates#delays