Vision Australia Limited ABN 67 108 391 831 (Vision Australia) is committed to respecting the privacy of your personal information collected from its website.
This website Privacy Notice explains our policy for dealing with personal information that we collect through our website under the domain name "visionaustralia.org" (Vision Australia Site).
Throughout this Privacy Notice, we refer to your "personal information" which means information which identifies you as an individual or from which your identity can be reasonably ascertained. Your home address and home telephone number are examples of personal information.
Information collected on our website
The information about you which we may collect through the Vision Australia site includes any messages or comments you submit to us via the Vision Australia site. This includes:
- any details you provide to us as part of a payment or donation process;
- any messages or comments you email us which may include personal information such as your name and email address;
- information collected when you participate in an online survey; and
- your email address if you subscribe to our newsletters or mailing lists.
We may collect information about your visit to our site to assist us to measure and improve our website. Examples of information that we collect include: day and time of your visit, whether you have visited our website previously, whether you used a search engine to find us and some geographical information about what country and state you are in.
We use analytical web tools such as Google Analytics to collect visitor information so that we can better understand how to improve our products and services for you. One of the primary methods used by this tool is the placement of cookies. Cookies are small information files that an end user's web browser places on their computer when a website is visited. For information on disabling these cookies, please go to the privacy settings section within your browser. In addition to the session cookie, Google Analytics uses other data collection methods such as appending query strings to an image request. We store the data generated by Google Analytics securely and do not share it with third parties.
We also use other external companies for the following purposes:
- for web hosting services for this website; and/or
- to gather non-personal information (using cookies) in order to evaluate the website's effectiveness, for example online marketing activities.
We retain the content of any email that you send to us to enable us to provide our products and services, or if we believe we have a legal requirement to do so. Your email message content may be monitored by our employees for security issues including where email abuse is suspected, and our response to you may be monitored for quality assurance issues.
Use and disclosure of information
In addition to providing our products and services to you, we may use or disclose personal information that we collect about you:
- To provide you with promotional information - in accordance with privacy laws - about our products and services
- For administrative purposes including research, planning, service development, security and risk management
- Where a third party acquires or wishes to acquire, or makes inquiries in relation to acquiring, an interest in Vision Australia, or,
- To the extent that we are required or authorised by law to do so.
We may also share personal information with our related bodies corporate and with third parties. The types of third parties to whom we may disclose personal information includes:
- Service providers including organisations that provide archival, auditing, body corporate, consulting, debt collection, banking, marketing, advertising, mailhouse, delivery, recruitment, call centre, technology, research, utility and security services
- Government bodies including courts and tribunals
- Credit reporting agencies and credit referees, in accordance with privacy laws
- Your executor, administrator, trustee, guardian or attorney, and,
- Your agents, such as financial or legal advisers.
We may use and disclose aggregated non-personally identifying information collected through this Vision Australia site as part of our process of constantly improving the Vision Australia Site and Vision Australia's services and products.
How we handle email and "Contact us" messages
Vision Australia may preserve the content of any email, or "Contact us" or other electronic message or form that we receive. Any personal information contained in those messages will only be used or disclosed in ways set out in this Vision Australia Site Privacy Statement. The message content may be monitored by our service providers or Vision Australia employees for purposes including trouble shooting, compliance, auditing and maintenance, or where email abuse is suspected.
Links to external sites
The Vision Australia site may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of other organisations which may be of interest to you. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy statements.
We use a number of mechanisms to protect the security and integrity of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. So while we strive to protect such information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once any personal information comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Direct marketing and your privacy
Unless you opt out, we may contact you on an ongoing basis by telephone, mail, electronic messages (including email), online and via other means with promotional material and offers of products or services that we consider may be relevant and of interest to you. If you do not want to receive such offers from us (including product or service offerings from us on behalf of our agents, intermediaries and/or our business partners) or do not want us to disclose your personal information to our related and group companies and business partners for marketing purposes, you can opt out at any time by calling us on 1300 84 74 66 or writing to:
Att: Vision Store
454 Glenferrie Rd
KOOYONG, VIC, 3145.
We do not use or disclose sensitive information for the purposes of direct marketing.
How do we hold your personal information?
We may hold your personal information in a number of ways, including:
- In our computer systems or databases, which may involve storing data on storage or computer systems provided by third party suppliers
- In paper records, and/or,
- In telephone recordings.
Where it has been collected from our or your agent, or our service providers, they may also hold copies of your personal information.
We may combine personal information we receive about you with other information we hold about you. This includes information received from third parties and information collected for different products and services.
Access to information
If you wish to request access to any personal information which we hold about you as a result of our information collection practices outlined in this Vision Australia Site Privacy Notice, please contact us. Please provide as much detail as you can about the particular information you seek, in order to help us retrieve it. An access fee may be charged to cover our costs of providing the information to you.
If you have any questions or feedback about privacy, or wish to make a complaint about the way in which we have handled your personal information, you may contact us as set out below:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 1300 84 74 66
- Postal address: Vision Australia, 454 Glenferrie Rd, KOOYONG, VIC, 3144.